by Jeremy Young | 6/15/2008 03:14:00 PM
Because I'm bored, and and because it's a chance to showcase John Singer Sargent's Gassed (above), and because Mark has tagged me, here goes.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you’d like.
Here are the facts:
1) No member of my extended family has seen combat since World War I. According to family legend, however, my great-great-grandfather was a decorated veteran of the Crimean War.
2) In 2000, the first national election in which I was particularly politically conscious, I supported John McCain for President.
3) I'm one of the only people I know who doesn't drink, ever. I feel as strongly about drinking as vegans do about eating meat, though I try my best to hide it in social settings.
4) My favorite U.S. President is Woodrow Wilson. My favorite President of the last 40 years is James Earl Carter.
5) I'm a fiercely-competitive small-stakes poker player. I'll play you any time, anywhere, so long as the buyin is no more than $1.00.
6) I once met the New Zealand Ambassador to the United States. It was in the basement of a church, after an organ concert -- and he introduced himself to me, not the other way around.
7) I was once in the National Spelling Bee. In fact, a short clip of me gets played every year as part of a montage during the televised rounds. I'm the nerdy kid with glasses who says "I'm thinking."
If you're on the list below, I've tagged you:
- Aaron Barlow
- Scott Eric Kaufman
- Rachel Leow
- Rob MacDougall
- Kevin C. Murphy
Labels: Jeremy Young